Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7912 Phone Menu Order

s-butler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help assist me in the follow:

I would like to know if there is a way to change the order of the Menu Structure when pressing the Directories button on a Cisco 7912 phone. After you move away from an early version of the firmware (in the CCM 3.3.5 time)and upgrade to using the latest 8.0.2 and using CCM 4.1.3 the font size changes which affects how the Directory is viewed. Now when pressing the Directories button the phone, you get only 4 options on the screen; Missed Calls, Received Calls, and Speed Dials due to the new larger font size. Accessing the Directory Services is still there but only available by scrolling down the using the Rocker Key or by pressing 5. Does anyone know a way of changing the Directories Order Menu so I can make the Directories Services at the top? Or is this hardcoded into the phone and cannot be changed. I have looked at the XML and ASP pages related to the Directories page but can see nowhere where it seems to show this initial first menu?

Steve

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Steve,

The first 3 items on the menu (Missed/Received/Placed calls) are hard coded. Items after that are determined by the xmldirectory.asp file.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Hi Brandon, many thanks for the reply, this confirms what I had previously thought but needed confirmation. One thought is do you know a way of changing the Font size for this menu structure and reducing this, or do you think this is built into the phone firmware? I think this is probably the case?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Steve

Steve,

I believe the font is hard coded as well. It is not referenced in any of the xml docs.

Brandon

Hi,

Steve mentioned that 'when pressing the Directories button on the phone, you get only 4 options on the screen; Missed Calls, Received Calls, and Speed Dials....'

Is it possible to remove the 'Speed Dials' option from appearing?

Thanks

chinaeatnew
Level 1
Level 1
  1. Settings
    Network Configuration
    Device Configuration
    Call Preferences
    Ring Type
    Dialing Preferences
    Call History
    Directories