Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CMS - CPU Support

shacharalon7
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am trying to understand if we can deploy a Cisco CMS on a third Party Server that includes the following CPU:

Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10Ghz

I have looked for an answer in the following doc:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/collaboration-virtualization-hardware.html#processor

I would appreciate your kind assistance,

Shachar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shacharalon7
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Jaime,

I have found the answer:

First, that specific CPU model supports a Restricted UC performance only (since the it's 2.10 GHz).

Second, the calculation of vCPU per HD port was different according to the following link:

Spoiler

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's really is all you need, look at the current and older CPUs along with the app support for either full UC performance or restricted UC performance to determine compatibility.

The assumption is that anyone going the 3rd party HW route has enough knowledge and experience in virtualization to determine if their HW meets the needs and specs required with that page.

Refer to the RN, install and deployment guide for info on sizing depending on the server role.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

shacharalon7
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Jaime,

I have found the answer:

First, that specific CPU model supports a Restricted UC performance only (since the it's 2.10 GHz).

Second, the calculation of vCPU per HD port was different according to the following link:

Spoiler

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: