cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway mobile collaboration without a separate VPN client

Andy Johnston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Take a look at this blog post and let me know what you think. 

Now that administrators will have a choice, when would you allow mobile workers to connect to their collaboration services from outside the firewall via a secure TLS-connection? 

And when would you want them to connect via a layer 3 VPN client such as Cisco AnyConnect?

Are there situations where both are needed?

67 Replies 67

Yep, it is preview in Expressway 8.5 for the DX, 7800, and 8800.

I'm hoping to have it tested out very soon.

Hi Good Day,

You know if the DX-70 and DX-80 are supported by Expressway collaboration solution with expressway in version x8.5 or only is supported the DX650 that connect with VPN.

Regards

Great

Thanks much

Arvind Gooding

CTO

** edited by Moderator to remove private contact information

vr343patt
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/release_note/Cisco-Expressway-Release-Note-X8-5.pdf

New features in X8.5

: 

(Preview) MRA support for new endpoints

Mobile and Remote Access via the Expressway is now compatible with the Cisco DX Series endpoints, and with the 8800 Series and 7800 Series IP phones.

-------------------

What is the firmware version needed for the DX650, 8800/7800 series?

Thanks

10.2.3 which I don't believe has been released yet.

Are you sure this firmware supports it. I see no mention of MRA in the release notes for the firmware. I would expect such a big feature to have one line at least unless I missed it

vr343patt
Level 1
Level 1
File Information Release Date Size
Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX650 Firmware Signed COP File 
cmterm-dx650.10-2-3-26.cop.sgn
16-DEC-2014 388.87 MB

Dec 16 2014

vr343patt
Level 1
Level 1

Does MRA with Expressway 8.5 support ICE and Optimized media path. Any advice.

Thanks

No it doesn't. This is on the Jabber back log possibly post 11.

Has anyone seen the feature preview configuration guide?  I have not been able to find it and would love to get this feature tested.  I do have the 10.3 software required to support MRA on the 8800 series.

There aren't any Expressway configuration steps required specifically for the 8800 series endpoints.  So the existing MRA deployment guides should provide all the steps required to get this working. 

The 8800 10.3.1 firmware is not GA yet, we are still in field trials.

When is the firmware for the 7800's going to be available?  Can we get the beta code so we can test it?

Hello,

It's the same firmware update as Kevin mentioned above 10.3.1 which applies to both 7800 and 8800 Series. Target is for end of month to GA (single line support only at that time). Multi-line support has some additional development needed on the Collaboration Expressway side - target summer 2015.

Kirk

Are there any other caveats other than single line? Will corporate directory/XML services work? How about all features like park, pickup, transfer, all soft keys.

Srini

Srini,

Document I'm looking at confirms 10.3.1 for support of transfer, pickup, park, forward that you mentioned. Corporate Directory (no - roadmap for a second phase as requires more development on expressway side and target is 2H CY2015). Does not specifically call out soft keys so have to check with BU on that.

Kirk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: