cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7965 VPN Requirements

ContinuumIT
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running CUCM System version: 8.6.2.21900-5.  We are having issues setting up and getting IP phones to connect from some employee homes.  We have the licensing, and I know the setup works as I have been able to successfully confingure & connect several phones to our PBX from my home network.

What I cannot seem to find is a list of routers that are or are not compatible with the IP phone/vpn.  I also need to find "checklist" of what to look for or what should be set up on a home network to make this setup for the users and IT staff easier.

I should note, that these users report that they can connect to our vpn fine via Anyconnect and their computers.  1 user even had access to other routers and on the 3rd router was able to get a connection and place a call.

I am in the process of getting the home router/modem make and models from these users if it helps.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no such list. Phone uses SSL VPN that are regular TCP/UDP packets so nothing special in that for the home router and any should work.