Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber over MRA login failed / 2 differrent Domains no DNS

Michael.Blum
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo at all

I have found many chats with this Problem,but i dosn t found the solution.

Cisco Jabber over MRA login failed / There are 2 differrent Domains internal and external

Internal Domain: xx.abc-gmbh.de External Domain: abc-gmbh.de

The Customer can not configure the external Domain on his internal DNS Server.

And SRV records with the external Domain can not be configured.

The Presence Server is in the internal Domain.

Jabber Login with Userid@internal Domain is working fine.

Jabber Login over mra is showing the password field , after typing in the password is no connection to server is to see.

typing in a wrong password showing password incorrect

The Log Analyzer is looking good without mistakes.

I have try to make changes on msi but without effect

What can i do ?

Thank you and best reguards from Germany

6 Replies 6

Could you please explain why the SRV record cannot be configured in the external DNS? It should be configured with the trigger pointing to EXP-E.
Please also add both domains to the Expressway-C domain configuration and activate the UCM and IMP services.

Thank you for your request. 
The Customer can not configure the external Domain (abc-gmbh.de) on his internal DNS Server.
The SRV Records , configured in external Domain ist available and works fine.  
The Jabber trys to connect and authenticate with UserID@abc-gmbh.de to CUCM and Presence.
But the Presence Server knows only Users with UserID@xx.abc-gmbh.de    and stopped the authentication and connection.

Then you need to configure the internal domain in the Expressway-C and activate the IMP service on that domain.

You dont need an SRV for external domain in internal.

• Your expressway C and UC applications  must be in internal Domain xx.abc-gmbh.de
  • Expressway E must be in External Domain abc-gmbh.de
  • Create a Subzone in internal DNZ for abc-gmbh.de and add DNS entry for expressway FQDN pointing to the Expressway E internal IP. This is for Expressway C to resolve the Host and connect with the E.
  • Create SRV for _cisco-uds on internal Domain.
  • On Public DNS create SRV collab-edge pointing to your public IP.

When collecting logs, make sure the have been set to debugging mode once collected, turn them back to info and also select TCP dump.

Response Signature

Thank you for your question. 
The Customer can not configure the external Domain (abc-gmbh.de) on his internal DNS Server.
I don t know why , but the DNS Admin says no to add the subdomain abc.gmbh.de on his internal DNS Server.
Thank you

This is how we can make it working in Dual Domain.

All my customer has Zone for external and entries as mentioned in my previous reply.  You need to make them understand how it works. A customer of mine, didint accept this. later they agreed to proceed and they are using MRA..

Your Traversal Zone  between C and E is it UP ?

Response Signature