Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MCS 7825 series

doujg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anybody know which is better between the Cisco MCS-7825I-3000 and Cisco MCS-7825H-3000 servers.

I will really appreciate the Help

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe that the I = IBM rebadged, the H = HP rebadged, and both = expensive blue front panel :-)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

Thanks for the response but which is better between the two.

Thanks in advance

The HP one :)

Don't listen to Paul - he's biased... :-) although...

HP are my preference, but if you're an IBM shop then that may make more sense... The model numbers (i.e. 7825) indicate a level of hardware so there shouldn't be much difference in performance etc..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hehehe guys thanks for the response but it seems that when you view the specs of the 2 boxes it seems that the IBM has a better specs like for example it has 80GB of hard drive and i think that the Front Side Bus also seems to favor IBM.

i need cisco 7825 H default username and password, please help

jim.melton
Level 1
Level 1

Check out the specs under Products/Voice/All Voice Products/MCS Servers. They are pretty much identical boxes. Most of the time I have seen this come down to customer preference in choosing HP or IBM. The other major difference relates to Smartnet for the hardware. TAC dispatches IBM or HP partners to do hardware repairs. Best advice I can give is to pick the platform that you or the customer is more comfortable with and whichever platform has reliable warranty techs in the area of the deployment. You can probably review the IBM and HP service partners on the their websites.

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for your most valuable response.

but I have seen some difference on the specs of both the HP and IBM MCS these includes the following:

Hard Drive: HP=40GB IBM=80GB

L2 Cache: HP=512 Kb IBM=1024 Kb

Memory Technology: HP= PC2100(266MHz) IBM=PC2700(333MHz)

that is only some of the difference I have seen.

It seems that the IBM servers are based on new Intel specs.

He is right, here is a link to all the data sheets, bring them up next to each other - that seems really weird!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/products_data_sheets_list.html

Mary Beth