cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 3.3 Intercluster trunks and Called Name Display

jeff.hillman
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 CallManager clusters connected via intercluster trunk. One cluster is running CM 3.3.3, the other is on 3.3.2. When a call is initiated from a phone on the 3.3.2 side to a phone on the 3.3.3 side, the Called name displays on the calling phone as soon as the phone starts ringing.

If a phone on the 3.3.3 side calls a phone on the 3.3.2 side, the Called name does not display on the calling phone until the call is answered.

I have checked the settings on the trunks and they are identical. Anyone have any idea why the called-name display behaviors are different?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The fix is to apply ES 50 on the CCM 3.3.2

This is the filename:

ciscocm.3-3-2-es50.exe

Call TAC and they will give you the file.

Thanks,

Partha

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

This is a bug on CCM 3.3.2, bug id CSCea94003 !!

The bug description says "The calling party may not see the name of the called party until after the

called party answers the call"

Unfortunately, no fix available on this one yet!!

agaschott
Level 1
Level 1

Similar scenerio for me except my CallManager cluster release is different. If a phone on the 3.3.3 side calls a phone on the 3.2.(2c) side, the Called name does not display on the calling phone at all. Also, the party calling from 3.3.3 to 3.2(2c) never gets the called name display. However, Calling name display does work between the two clusters if the call is originated in 3.2(2c).

The fix is to apply ES 50 on the CCM 3.3.2

This is the filename:

ciscocm.3-3-2-es50.exe

Call TAC and they will give you the file.

Thanks,

Partha