cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - Max Conference Participants

p-kitaka
Level 1
Level 1

What is the max number of conference call participants supported by CME? Can't get more than 3 in a conference call.

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Hello,

At this time, its not possible to have more than 3 participants per call. Meet me conferencing is an other option you might want to check out, but again this is not something that everyone favors.

CME 4.0 is supposed to increase the max number of participants per conf. call. And it seems CME 4.0 is due 1Q 2006.

Read this thread for more info.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd9cbf1

PS: Please remember to rate replies!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Yep - three is the maximum for ad-hoc conferencing.

Meet-me conferencing can have more participants, however it has some hardware requirements (spare pair of E1/T1 interfaces with sufficient DSPs, plus CUE if you follow Cisco's instructions).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

"Spare pair of e1/t1" that means those E1/T1s should be dedicated for only meet-me conference?

"as i read from the CCO that those ports should be connected back-to-back to loop to multicast." Am i right?

For example is it possible to have meet-me conferencing on a platform 2821 with CUE and CME, and an E1 already used for connecting the system to PSTN over an ISDN PRI link?

Thanks for your replies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: