cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

conference call can't be established

c1szhibin
Level 1
Level 1

There are some 8941 IP Phones used to could establish a 3-way conference call. But recently there's something wrong with this feature.

I called A then I pressed “hold” button, call B then I press “Confrn” button trying to establish a conference call with A and B, it failed.

It showed A was held and B was active. 

Could somebody help me to figure it out? 

FYI, the version of CUCM is 9.1.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check that the MRGL of the IP phones has a conference bridge assigned and also that conference bridge is registered to cucm. Also, check if the issue is only with 8941 IP phones or with other models as well. If it is with other models as well then it could be a conference bridge related issue, else it wold be more specific to 8941 settings.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

In that case you can start by restarting the IP Voice media streaming application service. then make a test conference, if it still fails collect the detailed callmanager traces for that duration along with calling and called party details and post here.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check that the MRGL of the IP phones has a conference bridge assigned and also that conference bridge is registered to cucm. Also, check if the issue is only with 8941 IP phones or with other models as well. If it is with other models as well then it could be a conference bridge related issue, else it wold be more specific to 8941 settings.

HTH

Manish

It happened with all models of IP phones and the conference bridge is registered to cucm.

In that case you can start by restarting the IP Voice media streaming application service. then make a test conference, if it still fails collect the detailed callmanager traces for that duration along with calling and called party details and post here.

HTH

Manish

The problem has been solved while I do nothing. I think there must be someone else did something without telling me. But anyway, thank you for your kindness and technical help.