cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPU Spikes on 7815 Publisher only after Upgrade

jhoback
Level 1
Level 1

I have two different clients that are running Publisher only configurations on MCS 7815 servers for their IP Phone system. We've recently performed upgrades on these installs to CM 4.2(1) and OS 2004.3a and we get periodic CPU spikes and the process regsvc.exe is the culprit. We conducted some research and have a temporary workaround in which we extended some data polling times within the RIS Data Collector service parameters. The issue is still there but the CPU doesn't spike as often now, thus reducing the impact on call processing. Anyone have a similar experience or have suggestions?

5 Replies 5

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

how many devices is this call manager supporting?

include phones, lines, shared-lines, cti ports, routePoints, gateways, ICTs, gatekeepers...all devices.

check your call manager windows server event viewer. is there alot of 'transient connections'?

I'm getting this error in Event Viewer:

Error: kErrorCDRFilesBackingUp - CDR flat files are backing up. More than 200 files exist in one of CDR, CMR or BAD directories.

App ID: Cisco Database Layer Monitor

Cluster ID: StandAloneCluster

Node ID: 172.17.100.2

Explanation: CDR flat files are not being removed. On the primary CDR server, verify that the InsertCDR service is running and properly configured. On a server not the primary, verify that the location for collecting CDR files is accessible via the network.

Recommended Action: Set trace for InsertCDR service to detailed and look for errors in the trace. Check enterprise CDR parameters for accuracy..

I've experienced the same error after an upgrade attempt went bust (from 4.1(3) to 4.2(3)). Immediately afterwards, I noticed MEM UTIL on my PUB to have substantialy increased - cdrinsert.exe using mass quantities of memory - and these flat files errors. All my parameters appear properly configured. I'm stumped.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

How much memory do you have one these?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I have just shy of 4 gb.