cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE or No CUBE for a SIP handoff

mingram27
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone explain to me what are the drawbacks of not using a CUBE to connect a SIP handoff. Affectively my external consulting firm wants to go from the SIP handoff -- > Router [no CUBE] --> CUCM.

Will this work and if it did, what risks are we looking at here if we did it this way?

Matthew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I am not quite sure what the issue is. In your scenario, you mention router. If we have a router which interconnects between SIP provider and CUCM that is in effect a CUBE configuration. Since CUBE is honor based, you are just not buying the license and simply using something that you didnt pay for.

If you dont have a router in between, you will have to expose your CUCM to the SIP provider which means someone from the provider side could get into your CUCM and take a look around. :) If you are not worried about security at all, this will definitely work but CUBE has a little more functionality against SIP to SIP interworking which in some rare scenarios will be handy.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I am not quite sure what the issue is. In your scenario, you mention router. If we have a router which interconnects between SIP provider and CUCM that is in effect a CUBE configuration. Since CUBE is honor based, you are just not buying the license and simply using something that you didnt pay for.

If you dont have a router in between, you will have to expose your CUCM to the SIP provider which means someone from the provider side could get into your CUCM and take a look around. :) If you are not worried about security at all, this will definitely work but CUBE has a little more functionality against SIP to SIP interworking which in some rare scenarios will be handy.

Please rate useful posts.