cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Plan Digit Manipulation

gcobby
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a complex dial plan solution for a customer, which will be used to place calls into the legacy PaBX. However we need to carry out some digit manipulation within the Route Patterns, for example if we dial 211234 we will need to change the dialled number to 111234 before placing the call into the legacy PaBX network. However this change will show up on the display of the IP phone, we would like to leave the original called number on the display.

I have tried the settings under the route pattern for Connected Line ID Presentation and Connected Name Presentation; however this sets the display as connected to UNKNOWN.

I have thought about doing this manipulation on the gateway; however we need to run MGCP to allow the use of QSIG.

We will be running CCM 4.1.3, and I am testing this on 4.1.2.

Does anyone know if it is possible to leave the original called number on the display?

Thanks

Glen

1 Reply 1

ciscojock2002
Level 1
Level 1

how will you physically be connecting to the legacy?

-if pri from an external ios type of gw - some other type of isdn - pri-ni - or other that allows network/user manipulation. then you can manipulate with translation patterns on that gw.

-have you considered having an internal access code 8+overlapping extension ranges?

just thoughts.