cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DID mapping to existing extensions thru CM ?

renzil
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I need to implement an ISDN PRI DID service at my HO. Now the local central office ( CO ) is forwarding the last 3 digits i.e 230 of the 8 digits ( 24709 - 230 ) , an outside PSTN user dials to an internal user.

My existing internal extensions are using 4 digits i.e 1000 - 2XXX . I would like to maintain the same numbering plan on my new CallManager. Any suggestions how to get the DID service mapped to my existing extensions through CM???

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can do that:

PSTN --> --> CCM

--> PBX

Since the DID numbers from PSTN terminate in the CCM you need to create a translation pattern in CCM which will recieve the DID numbers and will change the called party number to an extension of the PBX or the CCM.

Lets say you recieve 3 digits from the PSTN,your dial plan in the PBX is 4XXX and in CCM 3XXX.

First of all, you need to configure a route pattern in CCM to dial PBX numbers. (ie 4XXX) via the second E1 port.

After that we need to do the following:

1) Create 2 translations pattern that will recieve the 3 digits from PSTN and will re-route them to the PBX or to CCM. (ie, DID 100-149 to PBX, 150-199 to CCM)

Translation pattern 1 to PBX : 1[0-4]X

Called party transform mask 4XXX

Translation pattern 2 to CCM : 1[5-9]X

Called party transform mask 3XXX

Steps to follow

1) Create a route pattern to reach PBX numbers from CCM

2) Create translations pattern to receive DID digits and re-route them to our convenience.

All this changes are perform directly in CCM because using MGCP all call control resides in CCM (the mgcp-agent).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

What you need here is a translation pattern.

If you are receiving from the Telco just 3 digits.

Example 230.

And you existing extension are 2XXX.

Lets suppose you have internal extension 2230.

Since you are recieving just 3 digist create a translation pattern which prefix a 2 to the called number.

Translation Pattern XXX

Prefix digit to called number 2

It will ring directly your IP Phone.

Check partitions and CSS for TP, GW and IP phones,

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. One more question. Can I give this DID facility to my analog PBX phone users ?

I plan to have an E1 PRI trunk between my MGCP PSTN gateway router and my PBX. The E1 PRI DID service will terminate on my 2821 Voice gateway on 1 port of the 2MFT-E1 card and the 2nd E1 port will be trunked to my PBX. Can the CM be configured to route the call directly to analog phone user on the PBX or do I need to create a translation pattern on the 2821 PSTN gateway router ?

Thanks

Rgds

Renzil

Yes, you can do that:

PSTN --> --> CCM

--> PBX

Since the DID numbers from PSTN terminate in the CCM you need to create a translation pattern in CCM which will recieve the DID numbers and will change the called party number to an extension of the PBX or the CCM.

Lets say you recieve 3 digits from the PSTN,your dial plan in the PBX is 4XXX and in CCM 3XXX.

First of all, you need to configure a route pattern in CCM to dial PBX numbers. (ie 4XXX) via the second E1 port.

After that we need to do the following:

1) Create 2 translations pattern that will recieve the 3 digits from PSTN and will re-route them to the PBX or to CCM. (ie, DID 100-149 to PBX, 150-199 to CCM)

Translation pattern 1 to PBX : 1[0-4]X

Called party transform mask 4XXX

Translation pattern 2 to CCM : 1[5-9]X

Called party transform mask 3XXX

Steps to follow

1) Create a route pattern to reach PBX numbers from CCM

2) Create translations pattern to receive DID digits and re-route them to our convenience.

All this changes are perform directly in CCM because using MGCP all call control resides in CCM (the mgcp-agent).

hi,

Thanks for that input. One more question here. In the above case does the CCM override the call route patterns in the PBX ? i.e if the the PBX has a route pattern configured for international dialing but the same is not configured in the CCM , does that mean all international calls are barred for PBX users ??

Thanks

Renzil