cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Diversion Header causing remote (PSTN) voice mail to try to route to diversion number

sdoherty
Level 1
Level 1

OK to try and describe this is a little dicey.  When calling outbound over SIP Trunk to a remote (PSTN) number and the called party does not answer it rolls to the remote voice mail - so far so good.

However the remote voice mail says - the party at extension 7035551212 is not avialable.   The problem is the number 7035551212 is the number contained on our diversion header..

request INVITE sip-header Diversion add "Diversion:<sip:7035551212@10.132.213.161>;privacy=off;reason=unconditional;screen=no"

The remote system in one example is a Meridian...

Is there a way that I can setup a dial peer where the diversion header is only applied to calls that have been received by the router via CWwdALL.

The diversion header only needs to be added to these types of calls.

thanks all!!

5 Replies 5

sdoherty
Level 1
Level 1

Ok A few more questions..

When I check the box to send the diversion header via call manager the number within the diversion header is my extension.  My provider however is looking for our full 10 digit numbers in order to accept the diversion header.   IS there a way to specify the number that Call Manager sends out in the diversion header.

OR is there a way to make a dial peer just for forwarded calls?

Thanks!

Hi,

You are running into enhancement defect on CUCM :

CSCso92803    Phone mask not being used in SIP Diversion Header for CFA calls

which is a duplicate of CSCtd44195.

The diversion header will populate the external phone number mask of the phone, for CFA, from 8.5.1 and higher versions of CUCM.

You would have to use SIP normalization option on CUBE, to modify the diversion header :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_configuration_example09186a0080982499.shtml

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

Tnks - this may help us when we get to 8.n but for now we had to use a seperate CSS for forwarded calls, prepend a number to match a special dial-peer then strip the digits and modify the Diversion header sent from UCM to make it the full 10 digit number of the extension..

That makes sense - thanks for sharing the workaround !

- Sriram

sdoherty,

I have this exact problem.  I don't understand your workaround.  When you state "

we had to use a seperate CSS for forwarded calls"  - the call flow you described earlier was that an internal IP phone makes a a PSTN call out SIP trunk and the far side phone RNA's to VM.  But the far side VM system incorrectly uses your Diversion Header number to perform it's subscriber lookup and thus you never reach the intended far side user's VM.

How does any "CSS for forwarded calls" come into play with the above described call flow? 

It seems that the work around you are describing would be for the following call flow:

PSTN phone calls DID which is routed into SIP trunk to an internal IP phone.  This IP phone is configured for CallForwardAll to an external number on the PSTN.   In this case - the CSS for the forwarded call would be invoked.

Can you please clarify this as the only work around I could come up with is to remove the Diversion Header.

TIA,

Amir