Announcements
Walkthrough Wednesdays
Views
Helpful
Replies
Ken Sharp
Beginner

DMM / SnS and Defining Filters

When defining filters in your DMM for importing users from your Active Directory, is there a way for you place those users in specific Show and Share Rolls (Publisher / Author)?   This may be a scripting thing from the SnS side but I have not found this process.

Here is an example of a current DMM import that does not place the users in to any rolls, but does get them in to a DMM group.  I would like to assige that group Show and Share Publisher and / or Author rolls.

(&(objectclass=user)(memberof=CN=MVTC,OU=Cisco,OU=Groups,DC=domain,DC=wfu,DC=net))

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jdedell12
Contributor

I agree this would be nice but there is no way to automatically assign roles to a group of users.  Have users in groups does make it easier to manually assign roles though.

View solution in original post

islam.kamal
Advocate

Hi

If you understand LDAP integration correctly , so you do not have any issues to import users to your SNS. For roles Authors or Publisher , please find the below steps

Administration mode - manage - user rules - search by username & group & filter . Then apply the rule.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

5 REPLIES 5
jdedell12
Contributor

I agree this would be nice but there is no way to automatically assign roles to a group of users.  Have users in groups does make it easier to manually assign roles though.

islam.kamal
Advocate

Hi

If you understand LDAP integration correctly , so you do not have any issues to import users to your SNS. For roles Authors or Publisher , please find the below steps

Administration mode - manage - user rules - search by username & group & filter . Then apply the rule.

Thank you

This is a manual way and does work.  I was looking for an automated way.  Looks like there is no automated way.

Hi

There is no automatic way . it will be automatic when you give a group a role , so when you add user on this group will take the role automatically , otherwise i do not have idea. Please share with us what do you think about?.

Thank you

Are you talking about a future feature?  I don't see any way to assign a group a role.  Only users.

Content for Community-Ad

Spotlight Awards 2021

This widget could not be displayed.