cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

downloads from cisco.com site slow

probert100
Level 1
Level 1

Why are the downloads from cisco.com so slow?

I know it is not my connection, I tried it from different places the best speed I get is 36 KB/s

5 Replies 5

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Have you tried to download files from other sites? Do you experience the same issue? I've tried the download just now speed is 100 KB/s.

jsteffensen
Level 1
Level 1

14 Years later - and the problem is still the same... software.cisco.com petrmits download with 300-500kb/s - all other sites on the internet provides download with 3Mb/s+ ..

Just checking if there is now a solution for this problem? I am trying to download WSAv, ESAv, FTDv etc for my studies but the download speeds are making it impossible. Any ideas please?

I have no issues with download speed from cisco.com. Download of full CM upgrade that are about 5GB takes just a few minutes if your connection with internet is fast enough.

Response Signature

I have found something that might play into this as I'm experiencing slow speeds as well.
With speeds of around 500kbit/s with both ipv6 and ipv4.
The traceroute seems to suggest I'm downloading this from the US, DAL.
Which is odd since I'm based in Europe.

Update: downloading cml 2.2.3 leads me to akamai, downloading cml 2.4.0 leads to me the US.
Akamai gives the expected speeds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: