cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder/PSAP callback question

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Upon an IP phone making a 911 call, does anyone know how long CER "holds" the extension to ELIN mapping for? I remember in older versions there was a configurable time limit that could be extended. I see the calls in the call history, but when I call the ELIN, I'm getting a busy. I'm running 1.2(3) SR1 and can't seem to find this parameter. I'm trying to track down what appears to be a callback problem, however my translations and route points check out...plus this was all working at one point.Should I be able to call these numbers still?

2 Replies 2

d.albertson
Level 1
Level 1

By default the timeout is set for 3

hours, but can be increased to 24 hours in the admin settings. It may be overwritten sooner than the timeout if more 911 calls go out.

Cisco ER Groups>Cisco ER Group Settings:

Active Call Timeout

How long to maintain a call route

mapping so the PSAP can call back the

emergency caller. The range is 30 to 1440

minutes.

Good luck,

Dave

acgarcia
Level 4
Level 4

I have had the same problems

Ensure that you ELIN number in your ELIN settings matches that of the actual digits that are comming in from your Gateway during a PSAP callback.

Or, you can use the new way of doings things with if you are using 4.0 CCM and 1.2(3) CER. Read the release notes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: