cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility--- Phone reboots when i log in, Need help!!!

tarun.pahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

We have over 300 phones (7070, 7060 and 7940) phones. We want extesnion mobility for all the users. I assuming that i would have to make device profiles for all 300 users?? any easy way of doinf this?

also, i noticed with some phones that as soon as i login, they reboot and reriger again with callmanager, not sure why that is happening???

what is defice default profile??

any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

rwiesmann
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Is it possible that you have different languages

on the phones as on the user device profile? Usually

if there is a change in the language the phone needs to reboot.

It could also be that you are using different softkey templates. So check this two things and see

if the phone still reboots.

Regards

Roger

lyanes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1.I don't know of a tool that will create bulk device profiles.

2. The phone "reset" after EM login is a "works as designed" feature. This

is because the phone device profile changes with the EM login and

therefore must be restarted (not reset) in order for the new user

changes to be in effect. The restart is a quicker reinitialization than

the reset and shouldn't take as long as the reset when someone

physically unplugs and reconnects the ethernet line.

Now if the phone resets and does not come up with a new DN then it could be that the phone can't resolve the CM by name. In this case I will recommend to use IP address instead of hostname.

3. Device Profiles can be viewed as a configuring everything about a phone without being associated with a phone. Device Profile will contain the base device information (7960/7940), 7914 add-on modules, services, speed dials and line appearances. But, the Device profiles will not be associated with a physical phone.

There are 2 types of profiles used in Extension Mobility. They are User Device Profile and Auto-generated Device Profile.