cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forced Jabber Update?

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

I was looking into setting up an on-premise Jabber Update Server.  Seems pretty straight forward from the documentation.  For reference https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200119-Configure-CUCM-TFTP-for-Jabber-Automatic.html. 

But I was wondering if there is a way to force users to perform the update similar to the VPN AnyConnect client for example.

We have used SCCM in the past to force updates but I do not control that system.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately not really with what's built in.

You can offer the upgrade, but, the user has to accept it.

If you offer the upgrade, the BlockVersionBelow parameter in 12.9.0+ doesn't apply, but I suppose you could use group configurations to offer the upgrade with a warning, and then remove it.

Premise IM&P has a mechanism to similarly block authentication, but this has mixed results with fast sign in.

Version management is a bit of a pain for sure.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately not really with what's built in.

You can offer the upgrade, but, the user has to accept it.

If you offer the upgrade, the BlockVersionBelow parameter in 12.9.0+ doesn't apply, but I suppose you could use group configurations to offer the upgrade with a warning, and then remove it.

Premise IM&P has a mechanism to similarly block authentication, but this has mixed results with fast sign in.

Version management is a bit of a pain for sure.

Thank you for the response.