cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS to E1 voice port - no dialtone

h.bradley
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to make calls from an FXS port on a 1750 to a PBX via a 3660 with an E1 card. I have set up the routers so that if a caller on the FXS port dials destination pattern 300, he will get dialtone from the PBX connected to the 3660 at the far end. This set up does not provide me dialtone though. What am I doing wrong? I have set up my Peers as such, less the connection PLAR on the FXS port:

Voice-Port 2/0

!

dial-peer voice 200 pots

destination-pattern 200

port 2/0

!

dial-peer voice 300 voip

destination-pattern 300

session-target ipv4:10.10.10.1

dtmf-relay h245-alphnumeric

ip precedence 5

Voice-port 3/1:9

!

dial-peer voice 300 pots

destination-pattern 300

port 3/1:9

!

dial-peer voice 200 voip

destination-pattern 200

session-target ipv4:10.10.11.1

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

ip qos dscp cs5 media

4 Replies 4

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

How does your voice-port 3/1:9 look? Are you running E1/PRI or E1/R2 CAS with the PBX?

Is the PBX setup to route your digits? Is the trunk group on the PBX have the proper COS?

What type of a PBX are you using?

Hey there,

The controller is setup like so:

controller E1 3/1

framing NO-CRC4

line-termination 75-ohm

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-8 type e&m-immediate-start

ds0-group 1 timeslots 11-12 type e&m-immediate-start

ds0-group 2 timeslots 13-15,17-31 type e&m-immediate-start

ds0-group 9 timeslots 9 type e&m-immediate-start

ds0-group 10 timeslots 10 type e&m-immediate-start

The PBX is an Alcatel. Ds0 groups 0-2 all have voice ports/dial peers set up identically to the way I have 3/1:9 configured. Except for the fact that there are E1's/PBX's on both ends of the circuit. These groups work great.

Do I need to change my signalling type perhaps? I could swear that I've had this particular combination working before with my basic config.

Can you either post or email me your config? Is this a toll bypass H323 config or an h323/mgcp CCM solution?

Can you also attach:

debug voice ccapi inout

debug vtsp all

Then make another call towards the PBX and see what you get.

Can you make calls from the PBX out to the router by chance? Are you able to pass digits?

Thanks

Mike

Unfortunately, the router is so busy with VOIP and regular traffic that I am hesitant to do debugs. I have bogged it down a couple of times doing voice ccapi inout. I am able to make calls from the PBX/E1 ports over to the FXS with no problems. I am also able to make calls from the FXS to the E1 with no problem, only if I forward digits. For instance, if I plar the FXS voice port, and have the destination pattern an extension on the PBX, and then on the POTS peer on the 3660 I forward-digits 4, it works great. Unfortunately, this does not give me the flexibility of PLAR'ing to the PBX's dialtone, where I have unlimited dialing options. Other than that, everything works great, and has been working great for years.