cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway-PBX tie line

b-byrne
Level 1
Level 1

We are setting up route patterns so we can call between IP and lucent phones. The route patterns 4XXX AND 6XXX work fine. We set up route patterns 72XX, 73XX, 74XX up to 79XX. We had to eliminate 7000-7199 since those numbers are used for Unity and IVR ports. All of these route patterns are pointed at the same PRI. We get a fast busy on the second digit. Can anyone suggest where I went wrong?

6 Replies 6

smif101
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have the route patterns tied to a route list and a route group then to the gateway?

not yet..we were starting basic just to make sure it would work! Your thoughts?

I left out that it is a MGCP gateway.

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

Your numbering plan looks good. Take a hard look at how you have the route pattern defined. I would do a printout of say the 4xxx route pattern and the 72xx route pattern. Then carefully compare the fields: Is the "Route This Pattern" checked, is the "Provide Outside dial Tone" the same, is the Partition correct, is the Gateway correct, ect.

Everything is configured the same way. I opened up a TAC case yesterday but I haven't heard from anyone. The engineer assigned was immediately pulled away for a P1 case. I am not sure where to go from here.

The issue was resolved after bouncing the Cisco Database Layer Monitor.