cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

graceful mgcp switch back

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

trying to find a link which describes the four types switchback method for mgcp: immediate, delayed, graceful and scheduled. Anybody can help me out? Thanks

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Unless this helps!

a. graceful—Completes all outstanding calls before returning the gateway to the control of the primary Cisco CallManager server.

b. immediate—Returns the gateway to the control of the primary Cisco CallManager server without delay, as soon as the network connection to the server is reestablished.

c. schedule-time hh:mm—Returns the gateway to the control of the primary Cisco CallManager server at the specified time, where hh:mm is the time according to a 24-hour clock. If the gateway reestablishes a network connection to the primary server after the configured time, the switchback will occur at the specified time on the following day.

d. uptime-delay minutes—Returns the gateway to the control of the primary Cisco CallManager server when the primary server runs for a specified number of minutes after a network connection is reestablished to the primary server. Valid values are from 1 to 1440 (from 1 minute to 24 hours).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

So all these are refering to restore the connection back to the primary when the primary comes back, not how to switch to the 2nd when primary failed. So any one of the 4 options, the current call will still be maintained. Somebody confused me saying that: when the primary failed, if switch to 2nd ccm immediately the current call will be dropped. I said that won''t happen because of the Q931 backhauland I never seen this happened on the field. So you confirmed what I thought. thanks a lot.

Hello ,

As far as I understand the curren call status will be maintained for T1 CAs and FXS and FXO ports and not for T1/E1 PRI.

Also yes this command only says how the switchback happens to the main server.

Yes there is one more command in the previlage mode "ccm-manager switchover-to-backup" which allows the forceful switch over of primary to backup server.However this will not happen if ccm-manager switchback immediate is configured.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Radhika