Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Handling Multiple calls per line

Have an attendant that is getting multiple calls on their single line appearance on the phone (7940/60). The problem that they are seeing is that if they are taking a call and a second call comes in, the onlyu softkey option that they have is to answer that call. They have lost the ability to finish handling the current call. If they choose to answer the call with the softkey, the first call is put on hold and then they have to navigate around to get back to the first call.

It would be better to be able to have the ability to first handle the call that you are on before going to the second call.

Attendant Console application will not help the situation in that it does not know anything aboput the multiple line capability of the phone. At least that is what I have seen so far.

This is a real problem and we are looking for a solution outside of adding soming like a 7914 to the phone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just confirmed this. When your call waiting come in and activates the 'answer softkey' the second call is highlited. Pressing the big blue rocker switch in the middle of the phone will change 'focus' back to the first call and give you access to the original softkeys.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

I believe if you use the rocker switch and go back to the first call, you will have the full set of softkeys during a call in progress. I'm not at a phone right now, but this should do the trick.

Just confirmed this. When your call waiting come in and activates the 'answer softkey' the second call is highlited. Pressing the big blue rocker switch in the middle of the phone will change 'focus' back to the first call and give you access to the original softkeys.