Views
Helpful
Replies

Hiding CLID for specific lines/users

pcresswell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to hide the outbound CallerID to the PSTN for a specific line/phone without having to create them a new CSS and a translation pattern that Restricts the presentation?

I can't find a "Hide Caller ID" checkbox - which would have been useful :-)

Thanks,

Peter

7 Replies 7

b.speltz
Level 4
Level 4

I don't think this option is available.

mike-reilly
Level 1
Level 1

You could create a translation pattern. for example

*80.xxxx (based on 4 digit dial plan)

description: Hide Caller ID

partition: none

css: whichever you choose

route option: route this pattern

using calling party external mask: uncheck

discard digits: pre dot

******Be aware that this will cause delay when dialing any 80xx numbers

yshraybman
Level 4
Level 4

In CCM, under phone line setting you can set external number mask to anything you want (ex. 8888888). Will that work for you?

Our telco will allow anything we put in the CLID to be sent, but I can't find a way to have nothing. If the external mask is blank then it just looks to the mask on the gateway.

I have got round it by translating the numbers on the h323 gateway itself, but would still be interested to hear if there is a newater solution.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Can you please kindly give an e.g. on how this can be done on the H323 gateway?

Thanks.

Hunt

Hi Hunt,

Here is an example of hiding the CLID for certain DNs on an H323 gateway:

!

voice translation-profile HideCLID

translate calling 100

!

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /2077092206/ //

rule 2 /2077092108/ //

!

voice-port 2/0:15

translation-profile outgoing HideCLID

!

The problem with this is that you can only have 15 rules in a translation-rule, and so only perform this operation for 15 numbers(or patterns if your numbering scheme allows) per voice-port.

If you find a better way of doing this please let me know as I'm sure it must exist :-)

Peter

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

Try this option.

1. Check the "Use Calling Party's External Phone number mask" at the Route Pattern/Route List level.

2. At the gateway level, leave the Caller ID blank.

3. At the phone level, enter the "External Phone number mask" only to the phones you would like the Caller ID to be displayed. For the phones you would like to Hide Caller ID, leave it blank.

Since you would need to do this per phone, it might be challenging if you have a large number of phones to take care of.

HTH

Anup