Views
Helpful
Replies

How Can You Do * Feature Codes

dwalsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a VG200 (MGCP) with four FXO ports, but I'm only using one line now. I'm also using CCM 4.0.

My user wants to be able to forward his phone to his cell. However, since I'm only working with one line, it can't very well dial out when the line is already occupied. In other words, he can't hit the softkey CFwdALL and send it to his cell.

The incoming line is a Centrex line with all the regular feature codes available (e.g. *69, *88, etc.). I thought that if he could redirect the incoming Centrex line before it even reaches our site, he could forward it that way. However, when I put in a route pattern of 9.*XX it doesn't work.

How can I have the ability to delivery * feature codes to the incoming Centrex line?

Thanks,

Dave

3 Replies 3

gshonting
Level 1
Level 1

I think I did this once like this-

Create a route pattern with an "access code" (like 77 or 512, whatever)

and point it to the gateway (is it H.323 or MGCP?)

and select "provide outside dial tone" in the RP.

You should be able to dial the "access code" from above, get a dial tone and then type your feature code.

Yeah, I figured that'd work too. I used an 8 instead of a 9 which is my regular access code. Since it's a regular Centrex line, I do actually need the 9, so I don't do any discard on the digits.

However, when I dial the 8, and then any other digits, I get the message "Your call can not be completed as dialed ..." from CCM. Somehow, I have to deliver the nine as well.

BTW, I'm using MGCP on the VG200.

Dave

I definitely used H.323, it may be a little more difficult with MGCP. If I can dig up the config, ill post it.

Can you do a 8. route pattern, discard predot and append a 9 with provide outside dialtone??

or

do a 8.9 or 9.9 route pattern with discard predot and provide outside dialtone