cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to push a background image to all phones (7970's)

craigp
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out how to push a background image so that all phones display it without the user needing to select it.

6 Replies 6

My issue is not how to create the images. I have already created a couple of them and made them available for manually selecting them from the phone itself.

I want to set the background image on phones without going to each phone and picking it via the settings menu.

TAC says it cannot be done. I have vendors who say they have a program they developed that can set options remotely and will do it for a fee.

This should be an optional part of the profile.

I want to deploy my 500 phones with a background that says something to the effect of under construction and not ready for use. Then when the system is ready for users to learn and setup greetings and such pre-cutover I want to change all backgrounds away from the under construction.

tphenry8428
Level 4
Level 4

have you configured the CCM files and loaded the image to one one? does it work on one phone?

If you restart the phones they will look for a new load and should pull the image file via tftp

It does work from any phone that you go to and select it via the menus. The built-in default background shows up on all phones until you select another one.

I've looked into this - there's no way to force a specific image, it's left up to users..

This is a feature that really needs adding, every customer I've seen wants to force a nice corporate logo or whatever.

Maybe pester your SE at Cisco or something...

Aaron

please rate helpful posts

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!