cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I just like to confirm that call manager can support 2 DT-24+.

ali
Level 1
Level 1

Can I install 2 DT-24+ cards in one call manager

for redundancy?

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes.

However, please note that it's not necessarily a great idea to use the CallManager box itself as the chassis where your DT-24+ card(s) are installed.

The DT-24+ only draws power from the PCI bus and that is the extent of it. Everything else takes place on the external Ethernet and PRI plugs.

So in a certain scenario where maybe you are having a PRI or DT-24+ problem and it's necessary to open up the chassis that the card is installed in and look at lights, or power cycle the chassis so that the card will power cycle, then you would lose your whole CallManager. So it's not always the best idea.

So is it possible to install the 2nd DT-24+ in a regular machine and pointe to it as a gateway?

Thanks Much.

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. What I was saying is that you probably want to have both DT-24+ in a non-CallManager box, or in separate non-CallManager boxes.

All you need for a chassis for the DT-24+ to be fully functional as a gateway is a motherboard with PCI slots, a power supply to power the motherboard, and a power cord to plug the power supply into the wall. Although many people prefer to have a PC case wrapped around the motherboard and power supply part. ;-)

Cool... Thanks