cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound & Outbound VoIP Dial Peers

blcase
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have a gateway accept inbound voip dial-peer and send that call out another voip dial-peer? How might that configuration look?

Thanks!

22 Replies 22

Daniel Baum
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To greatly simplfy things:

To which dial-peer is chosen, is based on dial string match. The more explicit the match is what will be choosen, regardless if the dial-peer is a pots or a voip.

With that said, don't think of a voip dial-peer as an "in" thing, but, rather, an "out" thing.

When the voice router receives a dialed pattern, it will look for the best match and preference and then route the call to the best matched voip dial-peer.

So, having an "in" voip and a "out" voip is not the question, but, rather, to whom is the dialed pattern destined.

Very Good explanation here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010ae1c.shtml

Dan

Sounds like you are trying to do a h323 to h323 hairpinning call, right.

IOS gateways do not allow h323 hairpinning.

Only Callmanager Express 3.1 support hairpinning of h323 calls.

HTH

What I have done in the past as far as "hairpinning" calls on an IOS gateway involves getting a call in from the PSTN on a PRI and sending that call out another PRI port on the same router. If that is something like what you are loking for let me know and I can post a portion of a config

Travis,

Let's see that config for PRI to PRI call routing.

Thanks.

Look at the config below.

Call flow is like this

Originating from IP->PSTN->PSTN->IP

Incoming ip call leg matches pots dial-peer and incoming pstn leg matches voip dial-peer in the following configuration. The only thing you need to do is to link the two ports 7/1 and 7/2 using an E1/T1 crossover cable.

! First incoming ip call legs matches with this dial-peer and goes out through voice port 7/1

dial-peer voice 2823 pots

destination-pattern 2823T

port 7/1:D

! (optional) Call that goes out through 7/1 comes back through 7/2 and matches this dial-peer, Though not required, I am using it to run a TCL application

dial-peer voice 5 pots

application nmcisco

incoming called-number .

forward-digits extra

! This dial-peer sends out the call coming into 7/2 as ip leg to 192.168.0.2

dial-peer voice 123 voip

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 54T

translate-outgoing called 54

session target ipv4:192.168.0.2

Regards,

Kiran.

OK, but Travis mentioned PRI-PRI calls. So, I receive call from PSTN via PRI and I route it to other PRI (e1 controller/voice port).

Travis, am i right?

Dear Travis,

Will you pls make a favour to me by posting a config for hairpinning of calls PRI to PRI

Thanks and Regds,

Prasanna

Prasanna,

The config is already posted in this thread. Just go through my post on 7th June.

Kiran.

Kiran,

I think it is not the same as we asked for...

Listen, the call comes via ISDN PRI (3/0 controller connected to avaya pbx with PRI signalling) and I want to route it to 3/1 controller connected to PSTN ISDN PRI or vice versa. So, call flows practically from PSTN to PSTN (or from PRI port to PRI port). It should be accepted by POTS and routed to POTS.

Is it possible just to put this conf:

dial-peer 10 pots

incoming-called-number 11....

port 3/0:d

dial-peer 11 pots

destination-pattern 11....

port 3/1:d

and when call for 11345 comes from 3/0 it should be routed to 3/1 ?

Oh .. ok,

I thought you were asking about hairpinning. In your case just the second part of the config ... with one more extra line

dial-peer 11 pots

incoming-called number .

destination-pattern 11....

port 3/1:d

should be enough to route the call. So ALL the calls with 11.... will go through the dial-peer and terminate on 3/1

Kiran.

Dear Kiran,

I am having as5800 with 6PRI's.Out of this one PRI I intends to use in the following senario:

Telco customers with numbers 217232xxxx will dial the PRI number 2720055.These calls will be routed to me thro PRI controller E1 1/0/4.I intend to reroute these calls on the same PRI back to telco IVRS working on 160221-10Secs Pause-10digit calling card number.I tried as per your suggestion in the following way but of no help :

dial-peer voice 2172 pots

incoming called number 217232....

destination-pattern 160221,,,,1212121212

port 1/0/4:d

following is the config of my PRI serial interface :

interface Serial1/0/4:15

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

encapsulation ppp

dialer rotary-group 1

dialer-group 1

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice modem

no peer default ip address

no cdp enable

Pls help

Thanks and regds,

Prasanna

Hi Prasanna,

If you allow...

I think that you should include some num-exp or translation rule for PRI number which they are calling (telco sends 4 last digit), like

num-exp 0055 160221,,,,1212121212

Just insert this in your global conf and tell me is it working.

Ok, so you are using a single E1 for inbound and outbound calls...

Try this..

translation-rule 1

rule 0 2720055 160221,,,,12121212

dial-peer voice 2172 pots

incoming called number .

destination-pattern 2720055

translate-outgoing called 1

port 1/0/4:d

I am seeing your question as

customer -> Telco house -> Your 5800 -> Telco house

217232 dials 2720055 and call comes to you from the telco provider and you want to call 160221,,,,1212121212 using the same telco provider.

If this is right, the above config may work. Let me know if this works.

Kiran.

Dear Kiran,

You have correctly put my question.Its exact conditins I want my as5800 to act upon for me.But it is so far refusing to act.

Tried as per your suggestion but its not working.I am getting busy tone whenever I am dialing the PRI number 2720055.Also all other PRI numbers are getting affected as I am getting busy tone instead of modem tone for those PRI's.

Interestingly whenever I am reverse telneting one of the modems from MICA modem pool and dialing any telco number by ATD I am able to send a ring to that number.

As per goranselthofer tried num-exp but same observation.

Where to go from here?

Regds,

Prasanna