Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming call not working - User Busy error

farispv
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco community. 

We are facing incoming call issue on one of our SIP range number, the incoming translation rule configured to translate the incoming number to our to our Unity connection for automated welcome message, unfortunately the while we calling to this number its says user busy. However all the SIP ranges are working fine
so numbers are configured for direct extension on user devices and some are translated to our welcome message 
Only below SIP number not working says user busy, what could be the issue, ?

rule 16 /^2022351/ /5700/
rule 17 /^112022351/ /5700/
rule 18 /^0112022351/ /5700/

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad you got it sorted out. Lesson learned.

1. Never trust a service provider!
  2. Always verify that the call hits the gateway.
  3. Never assume anything!

Simple, but yet powerful things to live by.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hope your AA pilot number is 5700.

• Make a  calls from internal extension to AA pilot number 5700 and see if you are getting the Greeting.
  • If your voicemail ports are in partition,  check if incoming trunk CSS has access to those partitions.
  • Can you check the incoming called number and confirm the translation is working as desired (Share debug ccsip messages)

Response Signature

HI 
Apologized for the delayed, 
In fact I have tried to debug messages but there was no messages while call, placing. so i was coordinating with ISP to trouble shoot
the translation rules also was fine and AA internal also were working fine. 

finally the ISP has misconfiguration on their end. which they fixed now and the calls works now. 

Thank you for your reply to my query. 

At a very minimum you would need to provide some output of debug ccsip message and it would also be helpful if you get debug voip ccapi inout. Do this for a working call and then in separate file for a none working call. Upload this as attached files, please do not put the information as text directly in your post as that makes it so much harder to read.

Response Signature

HI 
Apologized for the delayed, 
In fact I have tried to debug messages but there was no messages while call, placing. so i was coordinating with ISP to trouble shoot

finally the ISP has misconfiguration on their end. which they fixed now and the calls works now. 

Thank you for your valuable time to answer and supporting with valuable information. 

Glad you got it sorted out. Lesson learned.

1. Never trust a service provider!
  2. Always verify that the call hits the gateway.
  3. Never assume anything!

Simple, but yet powerful things to live by.

Response Signature

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

In addition to the advice given, you could also open up RTMT port monitor in Unity Connection when you make the next test call (while supplying the debugs advised above) in order to check if the call is getting to Unity Connection. 

Thank you Sir. 
The issue was from ISP end due to wrong route destination. its works. now. 
I will note above your advise in future trouble shoot. 

Thank you once again.