cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incomming ringing line auto pick up....

mjthor001
Level 1
Level 1

In my current Nortel PBX I can tell a phone not to pick up an incomming ringing line (not Primary line) when going off hook. Instead i can default it to pick up the primary line and get dial tone (for an outgoing call). I do not want to pick up that other ringing line. This line is someone eles's line that i just want to see on/off hook status.

How do I duplicate this with Cisco. When going off hook when any line is ringing it automatically defaults to that ringing line. How do I bypass this and pick up the primary line when other lines on this phone are ringing, without having to hit my line key before i pick up the handset. Sometimes these lines are non-ringing so the person at the phone dosent even see a call comming in.

Please help I have asked many people and they all give me the same respons......Hit the line key you want before picking up the handset. (I don't want to do this)

Thanks

1 Reply 1

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

In Service Parameters under the grouping Clusterwide Parameters (Device Phone) change the field Always Use Prime Line = True.