Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter Cluster Trunk -> CLI

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

If I have a ICL (non-gatekeeper controlled) to another cluster, what will my CLI be on calls to IPPhones and to PSTN Gateways?

is that my Extension, or my external phone number mask?

i.e. extn 12345 with external phone number mask 45662345 (you see, the extn does not match all digits of the DDI)

..sorry, I have not 2 cluster running for testing...

3 Replies 3

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

It will display your extension number 12345 only.

if I check with the dialplan analyzer and enable "use external phone mask" on the RP,

the result shows me the full E164 as CLI..

So I reckon it should work

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

I've done something similar and it seems to work very similar to phones on the primary cluster. The outbound call will adhere to all rewrite rules of the external calling mask as per the route pattern, route group and gateways.

The one thing to look out for, however, is that your intercluster trunks are fully meshed. Without a gatekeeper your trunks must be fully meshed in order for things, including display, to work properly. This was made a little easier with versions 3.3 and above I believe where you could enter multiple CallManager server IP addresses on each trunk.

A symptom of the mesh not in place was calls from the primary cluster to the test cluster did not show the target CLI until the target picked up the phone. External calling ID from Unity/AA also did not work until the mesh was set up properly.

Take a look here for some details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094729.shtml

Lelio

Don't forget to rate posts if they help you out