cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interdigit timeout on client matter codes

kkrake
Level 1
Level 1

I am implementing client matter codes on CCM 4.1(2) for the first time and am curious as to the behavior of the matter codes. It seems that calls will not go out until the interdigit timeout times out on the client matter code. I am certain this isn't a matter of "overlapping patterns". Has anyone worked with this?

4 Replies 4

amansharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hey

Call will not route when you put in the CMC unitl the interdigit timeout expired ,i have seen and worked on several issues relating to this ,A workaround for this would be to press # after CMC code to kill the interdigit timeout.

" When you enable these features, the user receives a prompting tone to enter an authorization code and/or a client matter code. Call processing collects digits until a number is entered or until the interdigit timeout expires. If the authorization level of the user authorization code is greater than or equal to the authorization level of the route pattern, the system processes the call; otherwise, the reorder tone plays. If the client matter code is valid, the system processes the call; otherwise, the reorder tone plays "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00802b434f.html#wp2036780

Thanks

Aman

I tried to add the # to my codes but it seems CCM only allows numerics. I lowered my timer but it seems like the same logic should apply as the digit matching for the dialed number. Hopefully CCM developers will look into this in future releases. I love the feature but users freak out when the call doesn't immediately route.

What he is saying is to train the users to hit the # sign following the entering of the CMC or FAC codes. You don't need to program your codes with it, just enter them as normal (1234) or whatever. Then, when your users dial the number, they enter 1234#, this causes it to go through immediately.

Cheers,

Vance

Hey

Did you try this ,after entering the CMC press # and see if they call routes or not ,you dont have to enter # after the codes.

Thanks

Aman