cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

International Dialing

chad-nelson
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3725 configured for MGCP to CallManager 3.3. The 3725 has a ATT PRI that has 4ESS protocol. Currently ATT rejects international calls on the PRI. After some conversation with their switch people it was determined that ATT needs the international call sent to them with out the 011 and flagged with TYPE:international. Seems simple except the only place to change this is at the gateway level, that said once you change it there every call going out has the TYPE:international tag to it. So only international calls work. Am I missing something is there a way with a MGCP controlled gateway to only set the international tag only when it’s a international call. I believe that this can be accomplished with H323 but I would prefer to keep the gateway MGCP. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

You need to match on a route pattern @ and choose Call Manager in the gateway config for called number type and plan. If you do this, local and LD calls will go out National ISDN, and international calls will go out International ISDN.

I have never tried to drop the 011, but one of the route pattern discard digits selections should do this. My 1st guess would be Predot IntlTollBypass.