Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client doesn't show phone services

Hi all, 
I'm having issue with one Jabber client.

This particular Jabber client doesn't have phone services (soft client), so user not able to make a phone calls.

CSFDevice never registers on CUCM, as there is no device on client.

I had some similar problem but, solution which worked for previous case, was not the same this time.
Previously, issues were permissions which were not assigned to the users, but now those permissions were assigned from the start.

I will show the process of configuration:

• User was created
    - Home Cluster
    - Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence
    - Include meeting information in presence
    - Permission information added:
    Groups
    - Standard CCM End Users
    - Standard CTI Enabled
    Roles
    - Standard CCM End Users
    - Standard CCMUSER Administration
    - Standard CTI Enabled
    - Controlled Devices:
    Add CSFDevice in Device Association (This came later when device was created)
  • Device was created
    - Device Name:
    CSFDevice
    - Phone Button Template:
    Standard Client Services Framework
    - Common Phone Profile:
    Standard Common Phone Profile
    - Owner User ID:
    User1
    - Primary Phone:
    CSFDevice
    - Allow Control of Device from CTI
    - Logged Into Hunt Group
    - BLF Presence Group
    Standard Presence group
    - Device Security Profile
    Cisco Unified Client Services Framework - Standard
    - SIP Profile
    Standard SIP Profile
  • Directory Number Configuration
    - Directory Number:
    - Allow Control of Device from CTI
    - Associate Devices:
    CSFDevice
    - Users Associate with Line
    User1
  • Would like to add note here, that configuration for device was at first copied from working device, and also created from scratch.

I will also put couple of error messages from Jabber Log files from the client PC

ERROR [0x00004874] [s\adapters\config\ConfigAdapter.cpp(728)] [ConfigService-ConfigAdapter] [CSFUnified::ConfigAdapter::getConfig] - Config FeatureSet Not Started

ERROR [0x00004874] [storage\src\storage\FileOperator.cpp(29)] [csf.storage.FileOperator] [csf::storage::FileOperator::read] - File does not exist: C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config\jabberLocalConfig.dat

ERROR [0x00004874] [ers\config\LocalFileConfigStore.cpp(346)] [ConfigService-LocalFileConfigStore] [CSFUnified::LocalFileConfigStore::readFromEncryptedFile] - Failed to read config file C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config\jabberLocalConfig_backup.dat

ERROR [0x00004874] [storage\src\storage\FileOperator.cpp(29)] [csf.storage.FileOperator] [csf::storage::FileOperator::read] - File does not exist: C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config\Cache\cachedUrlProvisioningConfigStore.dat

ERROR [0x00003cfc] [s\adapters\config\ConfigAdapter.cpp(728)] [ConfigService-ConfigAdapter] [CSFUnified::ConfigAdapter::getConfig] - Config FeatureSet Not Started

ERROR [0x00002024] [s\adapters\config\ConfigAdapter.cpp(640)] [ConfigService-ConfigAdapter] [CSFUnified::ConfigAdapter::removeConfigStore] - Config FeatureSet Not Started, failed to remove ConfigStore with name: [Ucm90ConfigStore]

ERROR [0x00002024] [s\adapters\config\ConfigAdapter.cpp(728)] [ConfigService-ConfigAdapter] [CSFUnified::ConfigAdapter::getConfig] - Config FeatureSet Not Started

ERROR [0x00002024] [storage\src\storage\FileOperator.cpp(29)] [csf.storage.FileOperator] [csf::storage::FileOperator::read] - File does not exist: C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config\home-uds-info.dat

ERROR [0x00002024] [ervices\impl\cache\CacheManager.cpp(144)] [Cache-Logger] [csf::CacheManager::readFromFile] - Failed to read config file C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config\home-uds-info.dat

That's most of the errors in log file

Any idea what it can be, where to look for the solution?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If I'm reading your log file correctly, the Jabber client was given 192.168.0.130 as a TFTP server for download of the jabber-config.xml file. But on lines 45815 and 45816 the log reads:

[TftpConfigDownloader] [CSFUnified::TftpConfigDownloader::onDownloadComplete] - Downloading of TFTP File failed for server 192.168.0.130
[TftpConfigDownloader] [CSFUnified::TftpConfigDownloader::downlaodTftpFileAsync] - Failed to download TFTP config. No TFTP server address available in server queue.

So I would guess that either the wrong TFTP IP address is indicated in IMP server (you can see that IP issued to the Jabber client on line 4046) or the TFTP service is stopped on the server.

I also noted that the CCMCIP reference in IMP (as given to this Jabber client) is "telephonyEnabled flag:  0" which means IMP can't discover what devices are associated with the user.

Is it possible that the user has the wrong profiles in IMP?

Maren

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Have  you tried  jabber reset and login again... 

Can you share the complete  logs from Jabber 

Response Signature

Tried jabber reset and reinstall as well. 
Let me check first if I can clean all personal info, and I will share. 

Here are the logs

If I'm reading your log file correctly, the Jabber client was given 192.168.0.130 as a TFTP server for download of the jabber-config.xml file. But on lines 45815 and 45816 the log reads:

[TftpConfigDownloader] [CSFUnified::TftpConfigDownloader::onDownloadComplete] - Downloading of TFTP File failed for server 192.168.0.130
[TftpConfigDownloader] [CSFUnified::TftpConfigDownloader::downlaodTftpFileAsync] - Failed to download TFTP config. No TFTP server address available in server queue.

So I would guess that either the wrong TFTP IP address is indicated in IMP server (you can see that IP issued to the Jabber client on line 4046) or the TFTP service is stopped on the server.

I also noted that the CCMCIP reference in IMP (as given to this Jabber client) is "telephonyEnabled flag:  0" which means IMP can't discover what devices are associated with the user.

Is it possible that the user has the wrong profiles in IMP?

Maren

Sorry for the delayed answer.

I don't know can it be that these are logs which are obtained during testing phase, so that it reads for example that device is associated for wrong, or non user or whatever.

Anyway, TFTP address which is in the logs is correct CUCM address, and TFTP service is working. 

Also, I don't know how is possible that IMP can't discover what devices are associated with the user. And why only for this particular user. For the rest of the users it is possible, but for this, it is not. 

Thank you for your comment, really appreciate it.

Aleks 

Since you mentioned IMP and wrong profiles, I had a look at it, as I never configured this before for the users.

In IMP server, on Application > CCMCIP Profile > Standard Profile > Users in Profile configuration, User1 User ID was not assigned.
When I added his user to the profile, Softphone then showed in Jabber, and Telephony service worked.

It's solved. 

Ben Petroff
Level 1
Level 1

The behavior is, that you are able to log into Cisco Jabber, but the softphone feature doesn't work?

Since you didn't include it in the configuration process, I have to ask did you add the UC Service in the end user profile?

Were you able to test this user out on a Jabber client that works with other users / were you able to log in as a different user on this jabber installation? 

If you create a new user / assign the non-functional CSF to an existing, functional user, are you able to connect to the softphone?

Correct, I'm able to log to Jabber, but softphone doesn't work.

I use system default UC service profile.

Yes, I was able to test this user on Jabber client that works, and I had the same result - softphone not shown. 
I also did that, assigned functional user to this non-functional CSF, and I was able to connect to the softphone. 

I had a very similar issue with a client once.

If I created a new user account, the softphone was inaccessible.
If I modified an existing account's userid, the softphone was inaccessible. (This is really what confirmed to me that it was probably a bug)
If I used an existing account, the softphone was accessible.
If I changed the device associations on the End User profile of a non-functioning account, I could see the changes reflected in Jabber upon logging in, but I could not utilise any phone services.

I wasn't able to figure out what the problem was because the system in question was EOL and therefore Cisco couldn't help, but I was able to resolve the problem with a cluster restart. I assume it was a bug, but couldn't find any documentation on it.

So if you can, open a TAC case, but a cluster restart might very well resolve your issue.

Sorry for delayed answer. 

I guess at least it is a similar problem, if not completely the same. 
Tried with cluster restart, but unfortunately, it didn't help. 

Seems like, there is no more TAC for me.