cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Length of call on 7960/40 screen

mpaul
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if the following is possible. During a call on a 7960/40 phone, users can see the length of time they are on this phone call. When the user hangs up the phone, this call length duration disappears. I know you can get this information from a CDR record but am wondering if there is a setting anywhere that allows a user to keep that information on the screen for an additional length of time, or possibly placed in the Placed Calls Directory on the phone.

So they could open the directories, see their placed calls and next to the number the length of call. For example: 2025555555, 45 minutes, 2015555555, 20 minutes, 1025555555, 30 minutes.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

psunok
Level 1
Level 1

did you ever solve this problem - i'm looking for the same

No, I spoke with TAC about it. One of those things they'll be looking to do in future releases but I had no way of knowing if it'll ever get done. My suggestion, talk to your CAM or local SE, (Cisco Account Manager, or Systems Engineer), and suggest this to them so it can get pushed by multiple people. Tell them it's a critical feature and you can't live without it. That's what I did but still haven't seen any results yet. I think we just need more people making requests for it. Then it'll get priority.

Try joining www.CIPTUG.com - there is a feature request section that Cisco uses as one of it's mechanisms to generate it's list of features to include in the next version of software.