Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing voice translation rule with MGCP managed 2811

gboulle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My router 2811 is connected to a PBX with an E1 interface and QSIG support. The gw is managed by MGCP from the CCM cluster in version 4.1(3).

I received from the PBX side incomplet dial string so users are unable to press the callback softkey to redial a correct string. I tried to configured a voice translation-profile associated with my voice port 0/0/0:15. It's not working...

My question : Are the translation rules take into account with mgcp managed gateway ?

Regards,

Guillaume

6 Replies 6

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Voice Translation Rules will not work with MGCP. You have a few options:

1. Configure all your incoming calls to go through a translation route first and you can change the "calling party number" by either using the prefix field, or calling party transform mask.

2. Go to H.323 as your gateway protocol.

andy

berbee

Andy,

In option n°1 (the easiest for me, I think), can you detail the translation route process ?

- do I have to create a dial-peer ?

- do I use the translation rule in ccmadmin ?

Regards,

Guillaume

For example sake, lets say your extensions are 5000-5999 and you want to prefix "7" in the calling number.

Partitions:

PREFIX-PT

PHONES-PT

Calling Search Spaces

PREFIX-CSS > Add PREFIX-PT to this CSS

PHONES-CSS > Add PHONES-PT to this CSS

After you create those partitions and css's, assign the PHONES-PT to the phones, and assign the PREFIX-CSS to the "Inbound CSS" configured on your gateway.

Lastly, create a Translation Pattern of 5XXX in the partition PREFIX-PT, give it the PHONES-CSS, and in the "Prefix Digits (Outgoing)" put in a "7". After for example when an inbound call comes in destined for 5000, the the call flow will hit the translation pattern first (because the gateway has the PREFIX-CSS which doesn't contain the phones, only the translation pattern), prefix the 7 in the calling number, and send the call to the correct extension (5000).

Don't forget to rate all posts.

andy

berbee

Thx Andy for your post.

I will try the translation pattern ;-)

rgds,

Guillaume

Depending on how the calls are identified when coming in you might also try the CallManager service parameters - 'National Number Prefix', 'International Number Prefix', 'Subscriber Number Prefix' and 'Unknown Number Prefix'. You have to select 'Advanced' when you bring up the service parameter page to get these options. I know these work with ISDN calls but I don't know if these apply to QSIG. If so, they're an easy way to do this.

Don

Hello Don,

Thx for your answer. In fact, I resolved my issue using National/International prefix because Translation pattern only match with the destination number.

Does Cisco dev folks plan to import H323 facilities for digit manipulation into MGCP config in CCM ?

Regards,

Guillaume