Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum 3845 voice card capacity?

paulbritton
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to build a 3845 of the following spec.with the configurator tool.

in the NM slots:

2x EVM-HD-8FXS/DID each with 2x EM3-HDA-8FXS/DID

2x NM-HD-2V each with 2x VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE

in the HWIC slots:

1x VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE

1x HWIC-4ESW

I specify IOS upgrade to S384RSPSK9-12424T so that the EM3-HDA is supported.

But when I finally click check configuration, it says there are only 4 HWIC slots available in CISCO3800, it doesn't appear to take into account that 4 of them are going into the NM-HD-2V modules.

Is this a configurator bug?

Now someone has told me that the 3845 doesn't support 2x EVM-HD-8FXS/DID each with 2x EM3-HDA-8FXS/DID as well.

Is this true or not?

HELP!

Paul

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Seems to me you are pushing the envelope, should split in two boxes one for analog breakout (VG224), one for trunking to PSTN.

And avoid the NM-HDx that are older technology. Also you will find that rather a miriad of BRI, one PRI is infinitely better, and cheaper.

I thought that the VG224/248 were non-preferred (going end-of-life) as the newer routers (28xx,38xx,29xx,39xx) have absorbed the functionality into their capability.

Customer wants to remain on analog handsets and TDM for voice, so VOIP is not an option.

Unfortunately, I have a requirement to interface to 8 ISDN BRI user devices, BRI is an essential component. I am using E1 for the PSTN trunking.

So, pushing the envelope or not, does anyone know if a 3845 can give me 48x analog voice ports, 8x BRI ports, 1x E1 port and 4x Ethernet switch ports? If so, what modules do I need to achieve this?

The VG248 is EOS, but not the V224 that runs IOS and sells in big numbers.

Once you move the FSX to a separate box, you can accomodate the PSTN cards to an ISR router. It does not need to be a 3845, it can be as a 28xx or 29xx.

Usually the dynamic configurator is correct in determing what cards can be supported on it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: