cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace/WebEx: AutoAccount Creation Failed

Michael Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new MeetingPlace/WebEx node integration that went live yesterday. Most users are OK, however, this morning we have several users that are receiving an error message when trying to log in (for the first time: "Auto Account Creation Failed" message when trying to sign on for the first time. I see their account exists in the WebEx node and in MeetingPlace, and accounts are active in both. MeetingPlace users are synced from CUCM which are synced from AD. My first thought would be to delete them from WebEx and try to let the account creation process between MeetingPlace and WebEx happen again. Could anyone provide any input on this?

Thanks!

Mike,

1 Reply 1

Jacob Killoy
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Mike,

Based on your description, I would assume you're on MeetingPlace 8.0 with MP owned user profiles.

The creation of user profiles in this deployment should only be done on MeetingPlace. The user profiles will not exist on WebEx until the first time that the end user logs onto the system using his/her credentials. If you seperately created the user profiles on the WebEx site as well as integrating from LDAP, you may encounter this sort of error. In this situation, erasing the user profile and letting it regenerate will likely resolve your issue.

If this doesnt work, you may want to check the status of your TSP connections to WebEx. This can be done by logging onto the CLI of the MP application server and entering the following command:

tspp.py -t

If your TSP connections show as disconnected, you will want to review the following document:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.0_--_System_Requirements_for_Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.0#TCP.2FUDP_Ports_Used_in_Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Scheduling_Deployment_Options

Hope this helps,