Views
Helpful
Replies

missed calls storage

aleja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering where the list of missed calls are stored, any ideas? When you press the directories button on the ip phones, the file xmldirectories.asp is executed, however this one only retrieves the last entry of the list (coporate directory)...is it hardcoded on the phone? thanks!

cheers,

alej

23 Replies 23

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

The list of missed calls are stored on the phone, if I remember right. You can clear this list manually on the phone, or using the Init:CallHistory URI (see phone development info, sdk).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a0080405758.html#wp1033340

The URL that those keys are tied to are configured on the CallManager in Enterprise Parameters (the Phone URL Parameters section) and can be overridden at the device level in the phone configuration (Cisco IP Phone - External Data Locations section).

As you noticed, when you press the Directories button on the IP Phone it calls the URL associated with the Directories button, which by default is http:///CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp. This returns a CiscoIPPhoneMenu with the Corporate Directory link filled in, and the phone adds the missed, received, and placed calls to the top of the list... (as far as my understanding goes...)

You can also see the settings for these URLs on the phone itself in the phone's network configuration screen (7940/7960) or Device Configuration/HTTP Configuration (7970).

ok, so no chance of writing to this list right?

Right, no way to edit the list, other than clear it, as far as I am aware of...

You could add your own custom directory, of course, but you can't edit the missed,received,placed calls history itself.

hmm thought but the point had come up again and needed some confirmation, thanxs!

I hope Cisco eventually wakes up to all the people wishing to have access to those lists (and edit them).. just earlier today I had to propose a complex CTI solution to replace the entire call history because they weren't happy with the standard features.. it would be much easier if access to those lists were possible.

Totally agree!

Correct me if I'm wrong, this may be a totally different situation from the orignal poster's topic.

I have a voice mail account that asks the caller to press 1 for Facilities and 2 for the IT department. When they press 2, the call rings several phones in the IT department. If no one answers, the missed call list doesn't show the extension of the person that called, it shows the extension of our voice mail lines.

Can that be changed or is that part of the problem you all are having?

Thanks.

It's a similar issue, but not quite the same. We are talking about editing the list, while your issue may be able to be resolved by changing call routing settings (though I'm not sure). It sounds like you want to change the calling party from last redirecting party (voicemail) to the original calling party. You might want to check on the IP Telephony forum and see if someone can help you there, and see if you can change this setting in the CallManager parameters...

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if it was the same issue but you are correct, we want to see the calling party and not the redirect party.

Thanks again...I'll check in the other forum.

Ive created a small app that clears the history, you set this to run from the idle screen (i put the chime in there for testing purposes)

It works perfectly on 7960's, but on the 7970 it brings up a services screen. Does anyone know of a way to kill the screen after it runs?

Also, the 7905's dont do idle screens from what i can tell.

I really need it to work nicley on the 7970's, dont care much for the 7509's

Hi There,

I have a similar situation.

You can do it via the SOAP/AXL, I have not tested it though, but should work

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a0080405758.html#wp1033340

Regards

Andrew

the missed calls list can't be stored JUST on the phone.

We just implemented Extension Mobility.

the Missed calls list continues to grow, even if the device profile was not logged into a phone. The list therefore MUST be kept somplace else, in addition to being stored inside the phone.

Are you absolutely sure about that? If you reboot a phone, the list is gone. If you reboot the CCM, afaik the list is gone too (it's not something I do every day). So even if it's kept on the CCM, it could just be stored in the memory so if there's no persistent storage and since there's no API to access it, you are still SOL.

I concure with the phone and ccm bounce = list is gone.

But, the missed calls list really really is "moving" between devices when using EM profiles.

As far as lack of API...ROFLMAO! I've gotten used to breaking into the "black box" that is CM/IPCC/Unity. It's _our_ data for crying outloud. But that's ok. Just need to locate the target.

OT: In the mean time, my use of TAPI is improving...and the day is coming when I can generate my own missed calls list that's just as reliable.