cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mixed call admission control

tabbott
Level 1
Level 1

Can a gateway have dial-peers that use a gatekeeper for call admission control to one gateway and dial-peers that don't but point to a gateway that uses a limited number of Ds0's for call admission control?

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you want to direct a call to use a gatekeeper for address resolution and call control you put in:

session target ras

In your dial-peer ... To send it direct to a gateway (therefore bypassing the GK) you would put

session target ipv4:192.168.1.10

You can also limit the number of calls that can go out on a particular dial-peer, in the dial-peer config mode there's a command which I can't quite remember but is something obvious like maximum sessions or maximum calls...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

OK, that sounds good and it's what I was hoping to confirm. One specific on this, you can have a dial-peer on a gateway with session target ras and another dial-peer on the same gateway with session target ipv4:192.168.1.10 ? In the second case, my call admission control comes from the limited channels to the PSTN on that gateway.

Thank you,

Terry