Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MLA Backup CallManager 4.x

In MLA documents, we need to backup the MLA database because BARS don't do that.

But, in CallManager 4.x we don't have a MLA db in SQL. I think its integrated in the CCM db.

So, what i understand with CallManager 4.x, we don't need to use backup.bat to backup MLA ... all its done with BARS.

Am i right? because i can't read this in any documents. Do BARS backup MLA in CallManager 4.x?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Francois,

Prior to 4.x the MLA was installed on each server with a separate MLA database.

Now in release 4.x this already comes with the CCM SW and gets replicated out to the subscribers with the other configuration information in the one CCM database. The documentation on CCO doesn't make that clear in particular to backing up this information.

As it is part of the normal callmanager database this gets backed up with the rest of the

configuration using BARS.

BTW here is a link to backup MLA in 3.3

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_3/mla/1_2_2

/mla_i.htm#1030662

cd c:\Ciscowebs\MLA\install

backup.bat c:\Backup MLADBlatest

Hope that helps

Gonz

Thanks a lot Gonz. I asked my SE several time the last 2 months about this question and he never be able to find the answer.

Could somebody can change the following note in this document: Cisco IP Telephony Backup and Restore System (BARS) Administration Guide, Version 4.0(8)

BARS does not back up Cisco Multilevel Administration (MLA) ... on page 1-8.

It's not right for CallManager 4.x.

Thanks a lot.