Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

where can I get these packages:

com.cisco.cti.util.Condition;

com.cisco.jtapi.*;

com.cisco.services.*;

com.cisco.jtapi.extensions.*;

I need them to develop Services for the Cisco 7960 IPPhone.

thx

9 Replies 9

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

Install the JTAPI plugin from the CallManager administration webpage. You can download the installer or install it from the webpage.

This page provides some information on the various APIs:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

You may also want to obtain the resources from the Cisco Developer Support program if you are not yet a member. You can get the IP Phone SDK and the JTAPI API references among other things, that might be of use.

This page describes the Cisco Developer Support Program:

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

thanx, but I allready got these packages.

Can I use the packages from CCM 4.0, with my CCM 3.3?

How can I get them?

How can I get the Provider, using the JtapiPeer.getProvider()-Method??

The Providers (AXLP.,IPAddressP.,LDAPP.) from the com.cisco.ipphone.sdk dont implement the JtapiPeer, so I cant use them.....

How can I get access to the Terminal Methods, using the Class "Phone"??

So many questions.....

greetings ciscoditt

If you have access to the Cisco Developer Support forum, go to the TAPI/JTAPI section. There is a great example there under the link "Cisco JTAPI Sample Application - XSI Device Data Pass Through Sample". This example should be quite helpful in getting you started. While you're there, you should pick up the JTAPI developers guide, which will answer your questions.

The JTAPI package (not axl etc, it's a standard jtapi function) implements getProvider, and you get the peer object and provider as you normally would in JTAPI, eg:

JtapiPeer peer = JtapiPeerFactory.getJtapiPeer ( null );

String providerString = providerName + ";login=" + login + ";passwd=" + passwd;

provider = peer.getProvider ( providerString );

To get access to the device and see events from that device, add an observer (TerminalObserver.addObserver).

Again, the information on Cisco's developer support site should provide everything you need.

You may be able to use the 4.0 jtapi packages with 3.3, I don't think much changed in that area with 4.0, though can't say for sure at the moment.

Thx,

I think m yproblem is now turning in another direction...

It all depends on JtapiPeer, I'm not getting it...

I tried :

String providerString = providerName + ";login=" + login + ";passwd=" + passwd;

provider = peer.getProvider ( providerString );

a severall times with different settings, allways getting:

javax.telephony.JtapiPeerUnavailableException: JtapiPeer: DefaultJtapiPeer could not be instantiated.

JTAPI says:

Note: It is the responsibility of implementation vendors to supply a version of a DefaultJtapiPeer or some means to alias their peer implementation along with a means to place that DefaultJtapiPeer class in the application classpath.

Why isn't there such a DEFAULT??

Where can I find it?

What could I do?

What exactly should a "providerName" look like?? Could U give me an example??

I want the JtapiPeer to say to me: Here is your Cisco-IP-Phone-Provider, now use its methods and be glad...Am I wrong??

Looks like you're not getting past the first line:

Did you install the jtapi package from the CallManager?

Did you import the cisco jtapi extensions?

import com.cisco.jtapi.extensions.*; <--------

import java.util.*;

import javax.telephony.*;

import javax.telephony.events.*;

import javax.telephony.callcontrol.*;

import javax.telephony.callcontrol.events.*;

import com.cisco.cti.util.Condition;

Is the jtapi library in your classpath?

(the jtapi installer from the CallManager should do this for you during installation)

ie: C:\WINDOWS\java\lib\jtapi.jar;

The provider name is the hostname or ip address of the CallManager. ie 10.12.1.5

It should work, it's probably just a configuration issue...

Hello now I have a new problem.....

how can I transfer, park and pickup a Call using the SoftKeys/Keys or an URI/URL? What is the command for:

Transfer/Park/GetCall

SoftKey:???

And how can I get the members of a pickup group, using JTAPI or the phone menu??

thx

CiscoDitt

ciscoditt
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot, I finally got it!!!!!

Greetings

Ciscoditt

How did you transfer, park and pickup a Call using the SoftKeys/Keys or an URI/URL?

Help, help..help

>How did you transfer, park and pickup a Call using the SoftKeys/Keys or an URI/URL?

By writing a web frontend for a JTAPI application that does those functions. Instead of "help help help", try reading this: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guide_book09186a00803ef015.html

and check out the IP Phone SDK: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

The SDK even includes a sample that links an XML app and JTAPI. You won't be able to get all this working with a few hours effort, it effectively requires a fair bit of understanding of JTAPI.