Views
Helpful
Replies

NetMeeting & Gatekeeper

asarlo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to make a call between a NetMeeting user and analog phone (and viceversa), through a central gateway (for example 1750, 2600,etc), and I want to know if is mandatory to use a gatekeeper for doing this, or I have to simply configure dial-peers in the gateways routers to connect both clients.

Thanks a lot for your response.

Regards, Anacelia

4 Replies 4

mnxu
Level 1
Level 1

No,You must use H.323 Gateway,not 1750,2600 router.the gatekeeper is do the E164 address resolution.Or another choice you can use windows dail up to the router,and start both netmeeting make a H.323 call.

r_arun
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There is no need to add a gatekeeper..its my personal experience with 2600 and analog phone.

Configure your dial peer pots in 2600, on the netmeeting side, goto options, type the ipaddress of the gateway (2600) and goto to dialpad options and type the number...everthing is set

blairs
Level 1
Level 1

No you don't need a gatekeeper. I've done this with a 2620 with a

2 port FXO interface and it worked just fine. Setup the dial peers

for your call routing and set the gateway option in the tools>options>

advanced calling screen in Netmeeting.

-Steve

ttphong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friend. You can use with or without gatekeeper. Without gate keeper, your netmeeting must have static IP address. With gate keep, netmeeting can be dynamic IP address but you can not use with FXO. Because FXO don't register into gate keeper