cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Dial Tone on CM 4.0(2) system when dialing 9

jmbrady
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where I cannot get dial tone, and I’ve never been able to get dial tone on 4.0(2) CM.

I have 7 route patterns, 3 blocking, and 4 routing. They are in 4 different partitions. They all start with 9.@.

I have a phone which can search ONLY these 4 partitions. Out of these 4 partitions, these are the ONLY routes that start with a 9. I have checked provide outside dialtone on all 7 route patterns. Dialtone ONLY appears once an exact match has been made. For example, I get a dialtone after I dial 9703 or 91601. It does not happen after I hit the 9.

Is there another way to get dialtone generated after the 9 that anyone knows about?

2 Replies 2

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

This kind of thing can happen if you are using 9 numbers for your extensions, or voicemail ports, or mwi - you want to avoid starting any of your used number ranges with 9. You might also check for translation patterns starting with 9, you can at least set them to provide dialtone, if you need to use them.

Mary Beth

I found it, I had a rogue entry in a CTI route point that was well hidden. It was using wildcards so it didn't show up in a search for all 9's in the route plan report.