cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Octel integration with VG248 SMDI - issues (CM 4.1.3)

steve-parrish
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please help,

I have a new CallManager installation to and Octel200 voicemail system using SMDI from the Asynch port1. VoiceMail ports using the VG248 analogue ports. All works OK (ie going to right mailbow etc) except MWI.

The Octel is sending the OP:MWI and RMV:MWI commands and the VG248 SMDI settings are programmed with the MWI Off and On DN's but it is still not working.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Steve

12 Replies 12

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the VG248 port 0 VGC Phone have a DN configured? If not configure a dummy DN. If no DN is configured CCM won't allow the port to dial MWI.

If this all looks good then we can start buy looking at VG248 traces. Start an event log trace of the VG248, with the SMDI and SCCP subsystems set to “errors + warnings + info + trace” and the logged ports mask set to “0”.

Kevin

I've got a similar issue after an upgrade to 4.13 from 3.3... MWI's work very slowly (up to 30 minutes), and I can observe a large amount of MWI requests being queued. It worked fine on 3.3 I've confirmed the settings are the same as they were with the previous version. Any ideas?

We have the same issue here. OUr config is CM4.1.3(SR1) VG248 1.3.1. Our MWI also don't work, however everything else seems to work just fine.

Anybody has any ideas? We didn't have time to wait 30 minutes, but we noticed that MWI turns on after a long wait.

We are about to do one of these integrations, and all of the doc I can find is geared to 3.3, with the old Voicemail Max Hop count, etc. I am guessing we would just do this with hunt pilot/line group, like the new voicemail method, but wanted to verify that with people who had it working. Is there some newer doc that I am not finding? Also, we are going to have over 100 ports, I also want to make sure we don't have a problem with number of members in line group - saw another unrelated post where someone asked about this, answer was there is no limit. Thanks for any input anyone has to offer!

Mary Beth

Ok, since everything is configured fine and Octel is sending:

OP:MWI

RMV:MWI

As Kevin state once port 0 is configured, make sure it has a calling search that can dial MWI ON|OFF numbers.

You can turn on MWI traces in VG248 and CCM traces in CCM.

//Gonzalo

Just for posterity, the VG248 1.3 guide lays it all out very nicely, both the old and new way. Howeve, any tips, tricks, or pitfalls are still welcome - and I hope we don't run into the MWI delay issue!

Mary Beth

Hi,

We also have the same issue, anyone came up with a solution ?

Thanks.

Hi,

The solution was to upgrade the VG248 1.3(1) with an engineering special, 1.3(1)ES8.2

It solved the problem as soon as we applied the ES.

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the info. I tried to download the ES but it was not available anymore. Would you mind emailing me the ES to poh@necunfied.com.

Thanks in advance!

Peter

Applied the ES 8.2 but still no mwi. Noticed in the callmanager traces an invalid DN error. It seems teh vg248 is sending 7 digits and we use 5 digits for the Phone DN's. I tried to change certain parameters on the vg248 to send 5 digits but still sends 7 digits. Since that didn't work, I created a translation pattern to convert the 7 digits to 5 digits, but still no mwi. Anybody know how I can have the vg248 send 5 digits to the callmanager instead of 7 digits.

got it to work. recreated the translation pattern and tweaked the CSS's to make it work.

poh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're trying to do integrate callmanager to an octel aria voicemail via the vg248 but cannot even get a link or connection on the async port. We're thinking it's a cabling or pinout issue. Have you run into this problem and any suggestions on getting this going? Thanks in advance!