cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound dialing with no access code

k.grossman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that is requesting that all calls to the PSTN be made without an access code.

Basically, pick up the phone and get dial-tone.

Is this possible with callmanager?

They would rather dial an access code to call internal numbers.

2 Replies 2

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

I guess you could just use the @ symbol instead of using the 9.@. If you do it just using the at you could run into some interdigit timeout issues when calling local IP Phones. I guess they could use something like a * or something that would not be in the @. Because the @ has like 150 route patterns(not exact number) it would have [2-9]xx-xxxx. If you are using 4 digit DN's on IP phones then you would have to wait 10 seconds for the default interdigit timeout if you called a local ip phone. That would be a phone that started with 2-9. If you phones start with 1 then you could possible hit 1-[2-9]xx-[2-9]xx-xxxx. Then you would still have an interdigit timeout problem. If the IP phones DN's were 7 digits and you used the just the @ it should be okay. I know this can get confusing so let me know if you have any questions?

Thank you,

-Mckee

The customers extensions are in the 2000-2099 range.

What if I just made a route pattern for 1xxxxxxxxxx?

This would mean that they would need to dial a 1 to get outside and shouldn't interfere with their internal range.