cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing calls to PSTN via BRI trunks not using DID but SPID for CLID ??

darryl.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

I have a customer who has multiple BRI trunks to the PSTN (used for outbound calling. Class 5 is DMS100).

The customer also has a number of DID on the callmanager side serviced by Analog DID Trunks (inbound to CallManger). When an IP Phone calls an external PSTN destination, the destination called party recevies the SPID of the BRI port as the Caller ID even though we are sending the actual DID as the source calling number (Shown below. Numbers changed to protect identity of customer):

Aug 29 21:09:22.867 UTC: ISDN BR0/1 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x21

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0x81

Keypad Facility i = '1XXXYYY5126'

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081,'XXXYYY1771'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

The config on the BRI port is as follows (again SPID numbers changed by me):

!

interface BRI0/1

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-ni

isdn twait-disable

isdn spid1 XXXYYY943000 XXXYYY9430

isdn spid2 XXXYYY943100 XXXYYY9431

isdn incoming-voice voice

!

The service provider has told us this is standard and typical as they are trying to protect toll fraud and has implications for 911 and some more reasons... I have to think this is incorrect. Anyone have any expierence here with this?

Regards....D

2 Replies 2

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

I've configured BRI ports using basic-net3, and the full DID is sent. However, i didn't need to configure spids, so that explains why for me.

Check the following link that might help:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/129/bri_invalid_spid.html

Thanks for the info (I have already read that Tech Tip). I do appreciate the comments. Anyone in North America connected to a DMS 100 via BRI able to send PSTN callers the actual DID on the Cisco IP Phone versus the SPID?

Thanks in advance....Darryl