Views
Helpful
Replies

Paging feature thru CM4.1 ?

renzil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I need to setup a paging mechnism wherein the dean of the college would like to broadcast a message to all IP Phones in audio as well as text format. Any advice on how can I set this up using CM 4.1 without any 3rd party applications ?

Rgds

Renzil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Paging is not vailable just with CCM and IP Phones. You have to use 3rd party paging devices.

Broadcast Paging:

Allows the user to broadcast announcements through overhead speakers. Zone paging provides multiple zone support. Broadcast paging support is achieved through configuration of one or more Foreign Exchange Station (FXS) gateway ports configured within CallManager with specific directory numbers on each port. A 3rd-party product attached to the FXS ports automatically answers the calls and distributes the audio to broadcast speakers. In addition, there are several 3rd-party applications available which utilize the IP Phone Services XML API to envoke forms of Broadcast/Group Paging.

CCM supports third party overhead paging equipment (i.e. Valcom) can connect through FXS ports or via IP connections using access codes.

Cisco CallManager Express supports multicast page to IP phones and also supports external 3rd party paging systems connected to voice ports on Cisco CallManager Express router.

Third party info: Valcom's V-8820 overhead paging system includes a compatible VoIP overhead paging controller and IP speakers (www.valcom.com). Norstan-NIPA Appliance 150/500/2500 - ZonePage Feature. Berbee Informacast.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Paging is not vailable just with CCM and IP Phones. You have to use 3rd party paging devices.

Broadcast Paging:

Allows the user to broadcast announcements through overhead speakers. Zone paging provides multiple zone support. Broadcast paging support is achieved through configuration of one or more Foreign Exchange Station (FXS) gateway ports configured within CallManager with specific directory numbers on each port. A 3rd-party product attached to the FXS ports automatically answers the calls and distributes the audio to broadcast speakers. In addition, there are several 3rd-party applications available which utilize the IP Phone Services XML API to envoke forms of Broadcast/Group Paging.

CCM supports third party overhead paging equipment (i.e. Valcom) can connect through FXS ports or via IP connections using access codes.

Cisco CallManager Express supports multicast page to IP phones and also supports external 3rd party paging systems connected to voice ports on Cisco CallManager Express router.

Third party info: Valcom's V-8820 overhead paging system includes a compatible VoIP overhead paging controller and IP speakers (www.valcom.com). Norstan-NIPA Appliance 150/500/2500 - ZonePage Feature. Berbee Informacast.

"In addition, there are several 3rd-party applications available which utilize the IP Phone Services XML API to envoke forms of Broadcast/Group Paging. "

The company I work for has several prodcuts that would meet your requirmenets.

Ask for the OnCast products.

www.litescape.com

Mitch Bart

LiteScape Technologies, Inc

650-227-0227

Anita Dulude
Level 1
Level 1

If you want to page with audio and text thru the phones you can also check out a company called Berbee. They have a product called InformaCast. It should support the latest version of CallManager. I have used and it is a great product and very easy.

canowlin
Level 1
Level 1

If don't want to use any third party applications,you can download the CCM Developers

kit. I has some sample xml scripts that accomplish

both of your needs. It's not the prettist thing but

it can be modified if you have an xml programmer around.