cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Panic Button

bzuniga
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for a way to dial a number automatically by pressing one of the line buttons on a 7960 phone. I will be putting this line on all the phones at a specific location. When a user presses this line button (say, line 6 labelled 'security) it calls a specific number. This number will be accessed via an analog line connected to an FXO port on the router. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The easy way to do this is add the router with fxo port as a gateway on callmanager. Add a route pattern on callmanager (say 9724012008) pointing to this gateway. 9724012008 is a number that is matched by a POTS dial peer on the router and routes out the fxo port on router. Create a speed dial on an ip phone line appearance and make it dial 9724012008. The Line text label for this speed dial could be labelled, "Security".

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9724012008

port 1/0

forward-digits all

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks. I guess I should explain the exact situation. This is actually a hotline between two Fire stations. Fire station A should be able to call fire station B from any phone with the touch of a button. If fire station B calls fire station A that same line rings on all the phones.

bzuniga
Level 1
Level 1

I found a way to do this. Similar to a regular phone PLAR.

1. Create a partition (fire-A-plar-pt)

2. Create another partition (fire-B-plar-pt)

3. Create a calling search space (fire-hotdial-css)

4. Put both partitions in the calling search space.

5. Create an empty translation pattern with fire-A-plar-pt and fire-hotdial-css. Give it a transform mask (1889).

6. Add an extension to a phone (1990) in the fire-A-plar-pt and fire-hotdial-css. Give it a line text label and a distinctive ring.

7. Add a route pattern '1889.' in the fire-B-plar-pt pointing to the fxo port on the MGCP gateway.

8. Make the attendant dn of the fxo port on the MGCP gateway 1990.

Hit the button on the phone and it PLARs to the route pattern, ringing down the device at the other end. When the other end calls, the call hits the fxo port and rings the button on the phone(s). No one inside can call the number because it is in it's own CSS.

Done deal!