cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pbx Connectivity

MortezaSoltani
Level 1
Level 1

How may i connect two pbx with E1 trunks in deferent buildings over Campus/LAN network?

Regrads

7 Replies 7

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

Can you provide further information on what you are trying to do? I am assuming that your PBX's are on either side of an E1 and you are not currently networking them? If E1 R2 PBX networking is out of the question then perhaps you can have each PBX run a local E1 QSIG PRI to a Cisco Router. The Cisco router will then become part of the dialing plan and route calls from one PBX to the other over the IP network. Supplementary services can be accomplished via having a QSIG package loaded on each PBX and have the routers configured for QSIG. What are you planning for VM? Which PBX is the Tandem switch or main PBX?

Mike

Dear Mike

We have a PBX in a branch office , and consider to connect it to the PBX in central building.Now these two buildings are connected only by a high speed ethernet connection , so i am trying to transfer an E1 channelized line as an unframed E1 bit stream from central building to branch building in order to connect PBX's to each others.In other words , providing connection with E1 line as a transparet bit stream between the PBX's without using VOIP to route calls between them.

Morteza,

I am not sure I understand you correctly. It sounds like you have a PBX in the branch office and one in the central building. They are currently non networked and you would like to Network them outside of the high speed Etherhet Network? Is this correct?

Why would you want to pay monthly E1 charges when you could plug each PBX at each location into a each location's local ethernet attached router via E1 signaling.

PBX -E1-E1Router-Eth-----------Eth-Router-E1---PBX

Are they the same model PBX's? Same software and licensing packages? Do you have PRI software on each PBX or just E1 R2? Can you run QSIG?

Then your last statement of not wanting to use VOIP to route the calls..... Well just get a leased line E1 either E1 R2 or E1 PRI from PBX A to PBX B and make sure you enable PBX Networking....

Am I understanding you correctly?

Mike

Just to repeat just incase I didn't make my point above....

In this scenario:

PBX -E1-E1Router-Eth-----------Eth-Router-E1---PBX

There are no montly E1 charges since the E1 on both sides will just be a back to back CSU cable (1-5,2-4). H323 VOIP dialpeers will route calls to and from each location at G.711 since it appears you have alot of bandwidth. This will eliminate the need for you to pay monthly PBX E1 charges for PBX networking.

Dear Mike

I try to explain more :

Exactly i consider to do the same (as mentioned you)

PBX-E1-Router-Eth----------Eth-Router-E1-PBX

But need to router acts just like a transparent bridge . I means it conveys E1 traffic as a 2Mbps bit stream , like a SDH system .

Regrads

Let me ask this. Why can't you just let each side's router take the E1 PCM stream, packetize, and send as a G.711 VOIP packet?

If I understand you correctly you are looking for some type of ATM Circuit Emulation for Ethernet which I do not believe is main stream yet (IP Circuit Emulation). Why can't you use your router to convert the E1 PCM to VOIP G711 packets and the back to E1 on the far side if this is for voice?

This is similar to what we have been doing since 1998-1999 is taking the local T1's (in my case), terminating them locally on an HDV-T1 interface on a router, packetize, sometimes compress, and send VOIP to the far side. The far side uncomresses, reverses the packetization (if that is a word:) ) and sends it again PCM to the PBX. The PBX's think there is one Giant T1 connecting from the PBX to PBX.

Are there other reasons for not wanting to do what I have explained? I am Curious. :)

Thanks

Mike

Not special reason , i was interested to use a router as a transmission system to send E1 transparently (like a E1 to Ethernet converter).But voice connectivity is possible excatly as you mentioned .

Regards